Posted by Sean Lynch on April 29, 2013
We first announced our plans to turn off version 0 of the Dropbox API back in August of 2012. As a reminder, here was our version 0 timeline:
- October 11, 2011 - Announced version 1 of the Core API, deprecating version 0.
- August 17, 2012 - Announced version 0 turn off date of December 1, 2012.
- December 1, 2012 - Extended to March 4, 2013 to give developers more time to migrate and users time to upgrade their apps if necessary.
- March 4, 2013 - Restricted access to version 0 to existing users. No new users will be able to link to apps using version 0 of the API.
- May 1, 2013 - Turn off Core API version 0.
On Wednesday this week, we’ll finally complete the deprecation process and turn off version 0 for all users.
If you’re a developer that still hasn’t moved to version 1 of the Core API, see our migration guide. For any other questions, visit the developer forum.