How do I delete a member's account from my Dropbox for Business team?
If you're an administrator of a Dropbox for Business team, you can delete a member's work account at any time. Once the account is deleted, you can reassign the license and invite another person to the team.
When you delete a team member's account, it becomes inaccessible, and shared links created by the account are disabled. Dropbox also stops syncing files to the user's computers and mobile devices. Files that have already been synced to the user's Dropbox folder can be removed from any device with an active internet connection using remote wipe.
In the process of deleting a member's account, you can also use account transfer. This option allows you to move all of the files and folders in the person's work Dropbox to another person on the team. All of the files and folders that are in the former member's work Dropbox at the time you initiate the transfer will go to the recipient's Dropbox. Additionally, Dropbox will look to preserve any file sharing relationships, so any shared folders or folder ownership will also be transferred.
Delete a member's account from your Dropbox for Business team
- Sign in to your Dropbox for Business admin account.
- Click on Admin Console in the sidebar on the left.
- On the Members page, locate the member whose account you'd like to delete.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the member's name and select Delete user from the menu.
- Decide if you'd like to transfer the account to another team member and select the recipient.
- Select whether or not you'd like to use remote wipe to remove any files from the user’s linked devices the next time they come online.
- Click Delete.
This article refers to a feature unique to Dropbox for Business. Dropbox for Business is designed for projects, groups, and other organizations that want to share the same Dropbox storage quota with all of its members. If you're interested in learning more or want to sign up, visit the Dropbox for Business webpage.