What domains does Dropbox use in an official capacity?
Dropbox uses several domains to run the service. If you receive a communication that purports to be from Dropbox but does not come from one of the domains listed below, please be careful as it may contain malware or be a spam or phishing attempt.
Official email from Dropbox
- All email from employees, support staff, and some service-related email (like email verification and password reset confirmations) are sent from dropbox.com or dropbox.zendesk.com.
- All Dropbox for Business-related email originates from dropbox.com or dropboxpartners.com.
- All promotional and tip emails originate from dropboxmail.com.
- Carousel emails may originate from carousel.com.
- Mailbox emails may originate mailboxapp.com or from existing Dropbox domains.
Verified Dropbox domains
All Dropbox content should originate from one of the following domains:
- cloudfront.net (for downloads through the Dropbox desktop application)
URLs used to host user data
The paths below are used to host content for users when they create links to their folders and files (for example, using Dropbox links). Dropbox does not use these paths to ask you for private or personal information.