Add licenses or storage space to a Dropbox Business account
If you're an admin for a Dropbox Business account, you can add more licenses by going to the Account page of the Admin Console.
Add licenses to your Dropbox Business account
- Click on Admin Console in the left sidebar.
- Click on Account in the sidebar.
- Click the Add licenses button at the top right.
Need more space?
Dropbox Business equips you with all the space you need. You'll be given 1 TB of space per licensed user on your account to start. For each additional license you purchase your team will get 1 TB of additional space.
If you near your storage limit, we can work with you to accommodate your storage needs if both of the following are true:
- You have purchased five or more licenses on your Dropbox Business account, and
- You are the team admin of your Dropbox Business account
Team admins can contact us through the admin console to discuss additional storage. If you are a member of a team with five or more licenses and you're nearing your storage limit, please ask your team admin to contact us on your behalf.
Some information on file numbers and account performance
The performance of the Dropbox application can decline if you have more than 300,000 files. This is a soft limit and depends highly on the hardware specifications of the computer running the Dropbox application. Some customers are able to have more files without issue. As a hard rule, we recommend never having more than 1 million files on any single computer.
If this appears to be causing syncing issues, you can use Selective Sync to select only certain files to sync to your computer, but still have them on the Dropbox website and on other computers.
- Note: This limit is related to the number of files, not to their size.
- Note: Dropbox accounts with a large number of files may take longer to sync. A delay in syncing or a prolonged sync is not necessarily a sign of a problem.
- Learn more about Selective Sync.
- Learn how to help Dropbox sync faster by adjusting your bandwidth settings.