How do I add licenses or space to my Dropbox for Business account?
If you're an admin for a Dropbox for Business account, you can add more licenses by going to the Account page of the Admin Console.
Add licenses to your Dropbox for Business account
- Click on Admin Console in the left sidebar.
- Click on Account in the sidebar.
- Click the Add licenses button at the top right.
Need more space?
Dropbox for Business equips you with all the space you need. You'll be given 5 TB when you start your account (5 users). Each additional license you buy will give your team 1 TB of additional space. If you come close to approaching your limit, and are the admin of your account, contact us through the admin console and we'll work with you to accommodate your storage needs.
Some information on file numbers and account performance
The performance of the Dropbox application can decline if you have more than 300,000 files. This is a soft limit and depends highly on the hardware specifications of the computer running the Dropbox application. Some customers are able to have more files without issue. As a hard rule, we recommend never having more than 1 million files on any single computer.
If this appears to be causing syncing issues, you can use Selective Sync to select only certain files to sync to your computer, but still have them on the Dropbox website and on other computers.
- Note: This limit is related to the number of files, not to their size.
- Note: Dropbox accounts with a large number of files may take longer to sync. A delay in syncing or a prolonged sync is not necessarily a sign of a problem.
- Learn more about Selective Sync.
- Learn how to help Dropbox sync faster by adjusting your bandwidth settings.
This article refers to a feature unique to Dropbox for Business. Dropbox for Business is designed for projects, groups, and other organizations that want to share the same Dropbox storage quota with all of its members. If you're interested in learning more or want to sign up, visit the Dropbox for Business webpage.