Am I eligible for the WPS Office + Dropbox space promotion?
We’ve teamed up with Kingsoft to make it easier than ever to save your files to Dropbox with WPS Office. Eligible WPS Office users will receive an additional 8 GB of Dropbox space for 3 months when they sign up for a new Dropbox account through WPS Office for Android or iOS. This is in addition to the 2 GB of space included with Dropbox Basic accounts, for a total of 10 GB in Dropbox space.
Note: This feature is currently live for Android users only. It will be available for iOS users in the coming weeks.
Sections in this article:
- Promotion terms and eligibility
- How do I redeem the promotion?
- When does the promotion end, and what happens then?
How long is the promotional space valid for?
The 8 GB of promotional space is valid for 3 months from the date on which it is applied.
Can I link multiple devices with the WPS Office app to the same Dropbox account?
Yes. However, the promotional space will only apply once, if you are eligible.
Can I link the WPS Office app to multiple Dropbox accounts?
No. Only one Dropbox account can be linked to WPS Office per device.
Can I transfer my promotional space to another Dropbox account?
No. Promotional space cannot be transferred.
Why am I not eligible for promotional space?
There are a number of reasons you may not be eligible for the promotional space, including:
- You're not a new Dropbox user—this offer is for new Dropbox users only
- You haven't linked your new Dropbox account to the WPS Office app
- Your WPS Office app has already been linked to another Dropbox account
How long do I have to redeem the space?
The promotion must be redeemed by February 12, 2017. If you have an eligible account, you must complete at least 5 steps of our Get Started guide before February 12, 2017.
How do I redeem the promotional space?
If you’re eligible for the promotion, you must follow these steps to redeem your space:
- Sign up for a new Dropbox account through the Kingsoft WPS Office app on Android or iOS
- Note that this promotion is only available for users who create a new Dropbox account during the WPS Office linking process
I’m unable to redeem the promotional space. Can you help?
If you did not receive the promotional space after linking your Dropbox account to the WPS Office app and completing 5 out of the 7 steps in our Get Started guide, please verify the following:
- Did you link the WPS Office app to an existing Dropbox account? The promotion is for new Dropbox users only.
- Did you link the WPS Office app to another Dropbox account? You may only redeem the promotion with the Dropbox account you created through the WPS Office app. If you do not have access to the Dropbox account you created through the WPS Office app, you will not be able to redeem the promotion.
How will I know if I’ve successfully redeemed the promotion?
You can verify your bonus space by going to your account page and clicking View all space earned.
How do I check when my promotional space expires?
You can find out when your bonus space expires by going to your account page and clicking View all space earned.
What happens when my promotional space expires?
When your promotional deal expires, your Dropbox space limit will automatically return to what it was without the promotional space. For example, if you have a Basic account, your limit will return to 2 GB (and any space you've earned through referrals or other bonuses). Check out more information about what you can expect when the promotion expires.
If you're over your new quota after the promotion expires, all of the files in your Dropbox folder will still be available to you on your computers, phones, and via the Dropbox website. However, Dropbox will stop syncing the files in your account. This means that new files added to your Dropbox won't sync to other computers or be available online until the amount of space used in your Dropbox drops below the amount of available space in your account. You'll be able to get more space using the options shown here and by upgrading to Dropbox Plus.
Other useful articles:
- What happens if my paid account or promotion expires?
- How much space does my Dropbox have?
- Where is my free space?
- How do I complete the Dropbox Get Started steps?
Terms of the Dropbox 3-month, 8 GB promotion for WPS Office for Android and iOS users