Note: This article discusses how to cancel a Dropbox Plus or Professional subscription that was purchased on dropbox.com. If you'd like to cancel a Plus or Professional subscription purchased on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, click one of the links below:
If you need to downgrade your Dropbox Plus or Professional subscription back to a Dropbox Basic account, follow the instructions below.
Downgrade your Plus or Professional account's subscription
- Sign in to dropbox.com
- Click your avatar or profile picture.
- Click Settings.
- Click Plan.
- At the bottom of the page, choose Cancel plan.
- If you downgrade, you'll still finish any time remaining on your current subscription before the Dropbox quota granted by the upgrade expires. After downgrading, your account will no longer automatically renew and no further renewal charges will be applied from that account.
- If downgrading causes your account to go over quota, your files will no longer sync between the devices you've connected to your Dropbox account. But Dropbox won't delete any of the files already there.
- If downgrading causes your account to go over quota, you won't be able to add new files to your Dropbox (or restore deleted files) until there's enough free space in your available quota to do so.