If you're an admin for a Dropbox Business account, you can add more licenses by going to the Account page of the Admin Console.
Add licenses to your Dropbox Business account
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin account.
- Click Admin Console.
- Select the Billing tab.
- Click Manage subscriptions.
- Click Manage licenses.
- Change the number of licenses in the box that appears. When you add licenses, you'll see the price of the license displayed.
- Click either Add licenses or Remove licenses, depending on the action you're taking.
Need more space?
Dropbox Business equips you and your team with the space you need to get work done. The exact amount of space available depends on your plan:
- Standard plan: 2 TB of total space, shared between the members of your team
- Advanced plan: As much space as your team needs
- Enterprise plan: As much space as your team needs
For Advanced and Enterprise plans: If you near your storage limit, we can work with you to accommodate your needs. Team admins can contact us through the admin console to discuss additional storage. If you're a member of a team, ask your team admin to contact us on your behalf.
Some information on file numbers and account performance
The performance of the Dropbox application can decline if you have more than 300,000 files. This is a soft limit and depends highly on the hardware specifications of the computer running the Dropbox application. Some customers are able to have more files without issue. As a hard rule, we recommend never having more than 1 million files on any single computer.
If this appears to be causing syncing issues, you can use Selective Sync to select only certain files to sync to your computer, but still have them on the Dropbox website and on other computers.
- Note: This limit is related to the number of files, not to their size.
- Note: Dropbox accounts with a large number of files may take longer to sync. A delay in syncing or a prolonged sync is not necessarily a sign of a problem.
- Learn more about Selective Sync.
- Learn how to help Dropbox sync faster by adjusting your bandwidth settings.