Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Traffic Site Reliability Engineers enable reliable delivery of Dropbox applications to our 500M+ users and communication for hundreds of Dropbox internal services. We are responsible for traffic management both at the Edge and inside our data centers. Traffic SREs partner with all of Dropbox engineers enabling them to focus on implementing the business logic instead of worrying about how to get traffic in and out of their services.
Dropbox has a very mature and stable infrastructure that we are ready to take to the next level by implementing more intelligent components that utilize real time performance metrics to make traffic routing decision and further optimize our customer experience. Our SRE teams consists of hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for management of large scale infrastructure while improving reliability and automation.
To learn about some of the exciting work that the team has been doing see the links to some of our blog posts below:
- You will build and design tools that will process performance data we collect from millions of our users around the world in order to compile a precise metric based map of the Internet as it relates to Dropbox
- You will build and design tools that will utilize this map to improve our DNS routing decisions in order to optimize Dropbox user experience and achieve even higher level of availability
- You will design and implement scalable and reliable traffic delivery infrastructure
- You will build, maintain and operate production systems that balance traffic across our data centers and various backend services
- You will operate systems that protect our network from DDoS attacks
- You will automate operational workflows eliminating toil
- You will minimize risk of reliability related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a strong sense of ownership
- Expertise in protocols: IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS and SSL/TLS
- Experience with Linux / Unix operating systems
- Experience coding in high level languages such as Python, Go and C/C++
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software development
- Experience with configuring and operating traffic management components such as load balancers, web, DNS and proxy servers in production
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).