How do I change my email address?
You can change your email address from the account settings page on the Dropbox website.
Change your email address from the Dropbox website
- Sign in to the Dropbox website.
- Click on your name on the top right hand corner of the page to open your account menu.
- Select Settings and click the Profile tab.
- Click the Change email link under your current email address.
- Note: If you do not see a Change email option, it is likely that you never verified your email address successfully. Instead, click Verify email to change the email address associated with your Dropbox.
Once you change your email address, you will use it to log in to Dropbox and all Dropbox-related emails will be sent to the new address.
Dropbox for Business users
If you’re a member of a Dropbox for Business team, only the admin on the team can change your email address for your work Dropbox.
When you’re signed in to both a personal Dropbox and work Dropbox on the website, you’ll still be able to change the email address associated with your personal Dropbox. However, if you go to your account settings and click on your work Dropbox tab, you’ll see this message: "Please email your admin if you’d like to change your email address."
For admins: Change a member's email address
- Sign in with your admin account.
- Click on Admin Console in the left sidebar.
- Click on the team member’s name on the Members page.
- Next to the current email address, click Change. After you submit the new email address, we'll send a verification email to that address.