How do I get notified of changes in my Dropbox?
To stay aware of changes made in your Dropbox, you can turn on desktop notifications. If you use an iOS device, you can also enable push notifications.
Turn on desktop notifications
The desktop application can display notifications on your computer when changes are detected in your Dropbox. You can choose which notifications you'll receive:
- Click the Dropbox icon from your menu bar (Mac) or system tray (Win/Linux).
- Click the gear icon and select Preferences... from the menu.
- Check or uncheck the boxes under Notify me about to choose which notifications you'll receive.
Enable or disable notifications on an iOS device
The Dropbox iOS app provides push notifications for your shared folder invitations, and when links are shared with you. To enable or disable these notification:
- Open your device's Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Select Dropbox.
On iOS 8 devices, you can also see notifications for your account from the "Today view " widget:
- While your screen is unlocked, swipe down from the top of your screen to bring down the Notifications Center.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
- Tap the green "+" icon next to Dropbox (you can also move or reorder Dropbox by using the slider bar on the right).
Desktop notifications are a great productivity solution. Check out this blog post to learn more.