How do I connect or disconnect a personal Dropbox from a Dropbox Business account?
If you’re a Dropbox Business user or a member of a free team, you can have both a personal Dropbox and a work Dropbox on any computer or mobile device, as well as on the web. You’ll first need to access your account settings to connect the two Dropbox accounts.
Sections in this article:
- Connect your personal Dropbox and work Dropbox
- Disconnect your Dropbox accounts
- Can I merge multiple Dropbox Business accounts?
- Can I have multiple Dropbox accounts using the same email address?
- Sign in to your work Dropbox.
- Click on your name at the top right corner of the page to open your account menu.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Connect under Connect your personal Dropbox.
You’ll then walk through how to sign in to both Dropbox accounts on a computer or mobile device. If you need to, you can disconnect your Dropbox accounts at any time from the Dropbox website by going to your account settings.
To disconnect a Dropbox Business account and a personal account:
- Sign in to Dropbox.
- Click on your name in the top right corner.
- Click Settings and then click Connected Dropbox accounts.
- You will see an option to disconnect your personal and work Dropbox accounts.
Note: Disconnecting accounts will remove the bonus space granted to your personal account that you received for connecting your accounts, and it will also unlink the Dropbox account that was linked second on each of your devices.
Unfortunately, you cannot merge Dropbox Business accounts. However, you can easily move files between accounts.
If you're a team admin, you can also merge your entire Dropbox Business team with another team.
If you're a Dropbox Business team admin and you would like more information on merging files or accounts, please contact us. (You can find contact information in the Admin console.
It is not possible to have multiple Dropbox accounts under one email address. If you choose to connect a personal and a work Dropbox, you'll need two different email addresses—a personal email and a work email. Each Dropbox account requires a unique email address, and the owner of the email address has ownership of the account.