How do I migrate an existing Dropbox Basic or Pro account to Dropbox Business?
Before you join Dropbox Business, first verify that your existing files are where they need to be in your existing Dropbox account. Once that's done you can verify your email address and join a Dropbox Business team. Every Dropbox account is linked to an email address, which allows you to verify your identity and receive notifications about your account.
Accept an invite and join a team
- Check your email for the invite to join your team's Dropbox Business account, and click the "Join your team" button in the email.
- If necessary, log in with your username and password.
- Decide where you want to move the files and folders inside your current Dropbox.
- If your files are mostly work-related, select Keep my files in my [business Dropbox], and then click Confirm.
- All of the files currently in your Dropbox will migrate to your business Dropbox account, and you'll be able to access them by downloading the Dropbox desktop app or by visiting the Dropbox website.
- If your files are mostly personal, select Move my files to a new personal Dropbox, and then follow these steps:
- Enter a new email address and password for your new personal Dropbox.
- Agree to the Dropbox terms, and click Confirm.
- If necessary, verify your new email address (check the inbox of the new email you provided and click the button in the email).
- All of the files currently in your Dropbox will migrate to your personal Dropbox account, and you'll be able to access them by downloading the Dropbox desktop app or by visiting the Dropbox website.
For teams that require single sign-on
If your company has enabled single sign-on (SSO), you’ll follow similar path. However, you’ll also be asked to sign in to your SSO provider, which uses your work email address and password. If you have any issues signing in on a page that is not the Dropbox website, check with the admin of your Dropbox Business team.
What happens to my Pro subscription when I upgrade to Dropbox Business?
If you upgrade or transfer from Dropbox Pro to Dropbox Business, your Pro subscription will immediately end. Any remaining credit on the Pro subscription will be refunded to the original payment method. Each individual Dropbox account owner can track this information on the account payments page.
If the automatic refund does not go through for any reason (such as an expired credit card), we'll notify the account owner by email.