How do I create a photo album?
Albums are the easiest way to organize and share photos and videos in your Dropbox. Photos added to an album are not duplicated to a new place in your Dropbox—they’re still only saved in their original locations. Photo albums are simply a cohesive view of photos you want to share with friends and family, even if they don’t have a Dropbox.
- Sign in to the Dropbox website and open Photos from the sidebar on the left.
- Click the photos you want to include in an album in the top right corner of the photo. A blue border and checkmark will appear on each selection.
- Click the ellipsis icon (...) and select the Add to album...
- Click Create new album in the pop-up window and enter the album name.
You can always add more photos to an album by selecting them on the Photos page, clicking the ellipsis (...) button, and clicking the Add to album... option.
If you've already organized your photos into folders, you can create an album directly from those folders.
- Sign in to the Dropbox website and find the folder you want.
- Right-click (or on a Mac, Control-click) on the folder and select Create album.
Your new album will appear instantly on your Photos page and have the same name as the folder. The album will have all of the photos that appear in the top level of the folder; photos in subfolders of the folder will not be included automatically.
Creating albums does not take up additional space in your account, nor does it change the locations of your photo and video files.
Photos that are added to shareable albums via the Dropbox website won't sync with your computer like regular folders. While the photos in an album should already be located on your computer (in the local Dropbox folder), they may not be organized into the album as it appears in the website.
If you'd like to download a separate copy of only the photos in the album, follow these steps:
- Visit the Photos page and open the album you'd like to download.
- Select all the photos you’d like to download via the Select all button at the top of the album page.
- Click the ellipsis icon (...) in the upper right-hand corner and select Download. This will download a zip archive of all photos in the album.