Upgrading to Dropbox Pro from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
In addition to upgrading through our website, you can upgrade your Dropbox account from Basic to Pro directly through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. See below for instructions on upgrading or changing your payment method, as well as a note on obtaining invoices and requesting refunds.
Sections in this article:
- How do I upgrade to Pro through an app store?
- How do I change the payment method on an app store purchase?
- How do I request an invoice through an app store?
- How do I get a refund for my purchase through an app store?
- Visit the Dropbox app settings.
- Select the Dropbox account you'd like to upgrade.
- On the next screen, choose which subscription you'd like.
This is a quick, convenient way to subscribe to a Pro plan using your App Store and Play Store billing information to pay.
- Note: Due to the way that Apple handles transactions, and the way our payments system works with theirs, you'll need to wait until the end of your current subscription if you want to re-upgrade or add Extended Version History.
- Sign in to the Dropbox website
- Click your name in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Click Settings in the menu that appears
- Select the Account tab
- Click Change your payment method
- Enter the new credit card or PayPal information
After switching payment methods, you will be charged a pro-rated amount based on the time remaining from your previous subscription.
Dropbox cannot directly provide invoices or refunds for in-app subscription purchases on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. However, you can contact Apple or Google directly for further help with invoices or refunds.
- You should be able to view your invoice directly from the App Store following the instructions outlined in this article.
- You also should have received an email with the invoice within 12 hours of the original purchase.
- You can view your invoices for Google purchases from Google Wallet. You can use the instructions outlined in this article to view an invoice through Google.
- Visit your purchase history.
- Then, you'll need to report a problem with the Dropbox App and request a refund where appropriate.
- Apple should respond to your inquiry and should be able to further assist with your request for a refund.
- Visit the page here to contact Google Support.
Apple and Google use their own payment systems. Dropbox doesn’t have access to the information in these systems. All in-app purchase problems or questions should be directed toward the appropriate company’s support channel.