What do each of the referral statuses mean?
Once you invite your friends to join Dropbox, you can check the status of your referrals by visiting the Account page of your Dropbox, and then clicking View all space earned. There are four different referral statuses:
- Invitation sent means that your friend has been invited to use Dropbox but hasn't yet signed up for Dropbox
- Waiting for Install means that your friend has signed up but not yet installed the desktop application
- Completed means that your friend has successfully installed the Dropbox desktop application and both of you have been credited your bonus space
- Ineligible means that the recipient is ineligible for the referral program
- This may mean that the recipient has already registered an account with Dropbox, or that the recipient is attempting to register using the same computer as you
- If you feel this status is inaccurate or applied unfairly, double-check the email address of your recipient and try again