Dropbox is ending support for OS X Tiger 10.4 and OS X Leopard 10.5 - why, and what can I do?
Beginning March 23rd, 2015, the Dropbox desktop client will no longer be available for download on OS X Tiger 10.4 or OS X Leopard 10.5. If you are currently running the Dropbox desktop client on these versions of OS X, you will no longer be able to sign in to your existing account or create a new account through the desktop client.
You may be signed out of your account on the desktop client as early as May 18th, 2015, and will not be able to sign in again until you update to OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
If you are signed out due to this change, please know that no changes will be made to your account. Your files and photos will be safe.
Why is this happening?
We regularly release new versions of the Dropbox application with additional features, better performance, and enhanced security, and these versions are not always compatible with older operating systems.
- Please note that you can still use the Dropbox website to access and back up all of your files, or another compatible computer or mobile device
- You can also update to a later version of OS X
What should I do?
- Update to a newer version of OS X (Snow Leopard 10.6 or later).
- Apple provides instructions on their support site to determine what version of OS X you are running on your Mac. If you are interested in upgrading to OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 the system requirements are available on Apple's support site.
I'm already running a newer version of OS X
If you received a message from us but believe you are already running a newer version of OS X, you may have your account linked to multiple computers or mobile devices. Having just one device running an older version of OS X may have triggered the email. To unlink devices that may be running older versions of OS X:
- Sign in to the Dropbox website
- Click your name in the upper right-hand corner
- Click Settings
- Select the Security tab, and scroll to find your linked devices
- Click the "x" beside the device you'd like to unlink
- Technical details on updating your OS to 10.6 Snow Leopard or later
- Learn more about the details behind this change and engage with others on the Dropbox Forums