What does marking a file as a favorite on my phone or tablet do?
« Back to Help Center
You can access a file anywhere, any time by marking it as a favorite. Specifically, this does the following:
- Adds the file to the app's Favorites tab for easy access (like a bookmark)
- Saves the file to your iPhone or iPod Touch for offline viewing
- Keeps the file as up-to-date as possible and gives you the option to update the file manually
Mark a file as a favorite from the iPhone app
- Find the file you'd like to favorite in the file list view.
- Swipe from left to right over the file name to reveal a set of icons.
The star icon marks the file as a favorite
- Tap the star icon.
You can also mark a file as a favorite when you preview it by tapping the star at the bottom of the screen.
Once downloaded, you'll be able to access your favorites at any time. To ensure you have the latest versions, Dropbox will update them automatically if you're on a Wi-Fi network. If you're on a cellular (3G or 4G) network and some files have changed, tap the Update All button on the Favorites tab to get the latest.
Was this article helpful? Yes No