Your username for Dropbox is your email address. If you change your email address, make sure that you update the email address on your Dropbox account.
Once you change your email address, you'll use the new email address to log in to Dropbox, and all Dropbox-related emails will be sent to the new address.
How to change the email address on your Dropbox account
To change the email address on your Dropbox account:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click the avatar at the top of any page.
- Click Settings.
- Under the General tab, find your email address.
- Click Edit.
- Enter your new email address, current email address, and password.
- Click Update email.
Note: If you don't see the Edit option, you may not have verified your email address. If this is the case, you’ll see Verify email by your email address. Click Verify email to change the email address on your Dropbox account. If you’re having trouble verifying your email address, make sure that you spelled your email address correctly.
How to change the email address on a Dropbox Business account
Dropbox Business team members
If you’re a member of a Dropbox Business team, only the admin on the team can change the email address for your work Dropbox account.
If you connected a personal Dropbox, you can change the email address associated with your personal Dropbox.
Dropbox Business admins: change a team member's email address
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin account.
- Open the Admin Console.
- On the Members page, click the name of the team member whose email address you'd like to change.
- Next to the current email address, click Change. After you submit the new email address, we'll send a verification email to that address.