Posted: October 3, 2016
Dropbox, Inc. and its affiliates ("Dropbox" or "we" or "us") intend to provide you with access to some of our designs and features so that we can get your feedback. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which you and we both acknowledge, you agree to the following terms.
- What & Why We Record. We’ll take video or audio recordings ("Recordings") and photos with your consent during our session together. This allows us to spend less time taking notes during our time together (i.e., wasting your time), and spending more time discussing things with you (i.e., not wasting your time).
- The Rights You Give Us. You agree that Dropbox owns all right, title and interest in the Recordings and any other feedback, comments, suggestions, or materials you give us in relation to the study. You give us permission to use the recording of the study, including your name and likeness, for our internal research purposes.
- Confidentiality. "Confidential Information" means any technical or business information shared by us during the study. You agree not to disclose, share, or use any Confidential Information for any purpose other than participating in the study (i.e., you won’t talk about or share these ideas with anybody.) You won’t copy any Confidential Information, and, if asked, you’ll return any Confidential Information you still have.
- Dropbox Cannot Use the Recordings in Marketing Materials and Presentations. Dropbox does not have permission to use Recordings and your photos in advertisements or marketing material without first receiving your prior written consent.
- Thank You! To thank you for participating in the study, we may provide you with a gift. If we do, we will specify the gift in the email we sent you asking you to participate in our study.
- Miscellaneous. This Dropbox Design Research NDA is governed by the laws of the State of California (excluding conflicts of law). Any claims relating to this Agreement will be resolved in San Francisco, CA, though we’d love to resolve things informally first. Please also note that this Agreement supersedes any prior or present agreement on this topic between you and us, and we may assign our rights and obligations under this Agreement to others.