You can download the contents of an entire Dropbox folder via dropbox.com, as long as both of the following are true:
- The folder is less than 1 GB in total size
- The folder has fewer than 10,000 total files
To download an entire folder directly from dropbox.com:
- Sign in to dropbox.com
- Find the folder you want to download.
- Click the … (ellipsis) icon to the right of the folder's name.
- Click Download.
Your browser will then download the folder as a single compressed file (known as a "ZIP" file). Once it's downloaded, open and decompress the ZIP file to access the contents of your folder.
- You'll find the file wherever your browser normally downloads files, as set in your browser preferences
- The ZIP file will have the same name as the original folder, but will end in .zip
- If the folder is in your account, you can also use the Dropbox desktop application to automatically download the entire folder to your computer
What if I see an "Open" button instead of a "Download" button?
If you see an Open button instead of a Download button, it means the folder is already synced with the Dropbox folder on your computer. Click the Open button to access this folder on your computer.
Most operating systems can uncompress ZIP files without any additional software. However, if you're unable to open the file, you can go online to find a utility to decompress the .zip file.