You can download the contents of an entire Dropbox folder via dropbox.com, as long as both of the following are true:
- The folder is less than 20 GB in total size
- The folder has fewer than 10,000 total files
To download an entire folder directly from dropbox.com:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Find the folder you want to download.
- Click the … (ellipsis) icon to the right of the folder's name.
- Click Download.
Your browser will then download the folder as a single compressed file (known as a "ZIP" file). Once it's downloaded, open and decompress the ZIP file to access the contents of your folder.
- You'll find the file wherever your browser normally downloads files, as set in your browser preferences
- The ZIP file will have the same name as the original folder, but will end in .zip
- If the folder is in your account, you can also use the Dropbox desktop app to automatically download the entire folder to your computer
What if I see an "Open" button instead of a "Download" button?
If you see an Open button instead of a Download button, it means the folder is already synced with the Dropbox folder on your computer. Click the Open button to access this folder on your computer.