With the Dropbox badge, you can work with your team in real-time on Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files.
Icons and navigation
The Dropbox badge’s icons show you the state of your version of a file. The badge’s new design offers modern icons:
- Dropbox logo: You're alone in the file
- Initials or photo: A collaborator opened the file
- Lock: A collaborator is editing the file
- Exclamation mark: You and a collaborator are both editing the file
- Download arrow: Update to the most recent version of the file
Click the Dropbox badge to see more information about the collaborators on your file.
These icons correspond to the same options as previous versions of the badge.
View comments in the Dropbox badge to manage your conversations no matter where you are.
- Reply directly to comments and resolve comments that you’ve addressed, all from within the badge.
- Show resolved comments, unsubscribe from comment notifications and disable comments.
- View comments left on specific parts of your file.
Note: To create a comment thread on specific parts of the file, use the Dropbox website.
Share a link directly from the badge. To share a link, click the link icon next to the Share button.
Manage your sharing settings natively from the badge. Click Share to open a new popup window that allows you to add collaborators directly from your desktop.
Why can’t I view version history in the new Dropbox badge?
The old version of the badge linked to the version history of a file on the Dropbox website. We’re planning on bringing this feature back in the future.
How can I control when the badge will appear?
Use the global settings in the Dropbox desktop application to control the badge. In your application preferences, you can choose from these options:
- Always show
- If others present
- Never show