There are two ways to share individual Paper docs with others:
- By using the Share button at the top of any doc
- By sending a link to the doc, just as you would with a Dropbox shared link
Sharing with the Share button
- In a Paper doc, click the blue Share button at the top of the doc.
- Type the email address of the person (or people) you’d like to share with, and include a message if you'd like.
- Choose the permissions access you'd like invitees to have:
- Can comment allows others to leave comments on your content
- Can edit allows others to directly add to, edit, or delete your content, and also to invite others to the doc
- Click the Send button.
Sharing within a team
There are a few ways to share within a company:
- Add your doc to a new or existing folder in Paper. Adding a doc to a folder will automatically make it visible to the entire company and accessible through the folders view.
- Invite individuals to view or edit the doc. If you grant people edit permission, they will also be able to invite other users to the doc.
- Enter a mailing list in the sharing panel (what pops out when you click the blue Share button) to share the doc with a large group.
- Send a link to the doc to relevant people in an email or chat app (like a Dropbox shared link). If links to the doc were disabled, this option is not available.
Sharing with others outside of your team
You can share with others outside of your team if the following are true:
- You created the doc you want to share, or you have edit permissions on a doc that someone else created
- Your team admin has enabled sharing outside of your team
If both of the following are true, you can invite non-team members to view or collaborate on a doc via the Share button. If link access is enabled, you can also send a link. If the recipient does not yet have a Dropbox Paper account, they will be prompted to create one before viewing the document.
If you're a team admin, learn how to adjust these settings for your team.
Disabling link access
By default, a new doc is unshared and private. Once you begin sharing the doc with others, you have the option of restricting sharing by disabling link access. Doing so means that only people you have invited can access your doc.
- Click the blue Share button.
- Click Link settings beside the link permission setting.
- Toggle the doc's sharing settings so that only those you invite can access.
- Select whether those with the link can edit or only comment.
- Click the blue Done button.
Removing a user from a doc
If you are an editor or creator of a doc, you have the ability to remove certain users. Keep in mind that if link access is enabled, a user with the link can still access the doc even after being removed. However, if a doc's permissions are set to invite-only, he or she will not be able to access the doc after being removed.
To remove a user from a doc:
- Click the blue Share button at the top of your Paper doc.
- Scroll down to the relevant user.
- Toggle the sharing setting dropdown next to his or her name.
- Click the Remove button.