By default, a new Dropbox Paper doc is private. Once you begin sharing the doc with others, you can choose who can open your doc and whether they can comment or edit.
If you’re a Dropbox Business admin, learn how to change your default privacy settings.
To change sharing permissions on an individual Paper doc:
- Open the Paper doc you want to share.
- Click the blue Invite button.
- Click Settings at the bottom right.
- Choose an option for who can open your doc and what they can do.
- Click the blue Done button.
To change sharing permissions on a folder:
- Open the folder you want to share.
- Click the blue Share button.
- Click Change.
- Choose who can access your folder.
- Click Done.
How to remove a user from a doc
To remove someone else from the doc, you must either have created the doc or have edit access. You can't remove yourself from a doc, but you can unfollow it.
To remove a user from a doc:
- Click the blue Invite button at the top of your Paper doc.
- Click Can edit (or can view) next to the relevant user.
- Click Remove from the dropdown menu.
Note: If you’re on a team and link access is enabled, that user will still be able to access the doc if he or she has the link. To fix this, make sure the doc’s permissions are set to Invite-only.