If you’ve recently purchased a Dell consumer computer or Android tablet, you may be eligible for an additional 20 GB of included Dropbox space.
No. Each Dropbox account can only redeem this promotion once.
No. The promotional space is not transferable once it has been redeemed.
No. The promotional space is only available to the original buyer of the eligible device.
There may be a variety of reasons you're not eligible to redeem the promotional space:
- You're only eligible to redeem the same type of promotional deal once. For example, you can't redeem the Dell promotion more than once, even if you buy multiple eligible Dell devices
- The Dropbox app was not pre-loaded on your device.
- You bought your device pre-owned or refurbished, and the previous owner redeemed the promotion associated with the device. Each device can only earn promotional space once.
In order to receive an additional 20 GB of space on your Dropbox account, you must complete the following steps:
- Sign up or sign in through the Dropbox application on your eligible Dell device in order to link it to Dropbox.
- Complete at least 5 steps of our Get Started guide within 90 days of connecting your eligible Dell device to your Dropbox account.
To get started, just click on the Dropbox installer located on your new computer. The Dropbox icon might be located in a few different places, depending on the device. Try looking for Dropbox in the following spots:
- On the desktop
- In the system tray
- On a Metro tile
When you launch the Dropbox installer on your Dell device, you'll see the following window if your Dell device is eligible for this promotion:
You can sign up for a new Dropbox account by filling out the details on this page. If you already have a Dropbox account, click sign in.
When the Dropbox installation is complete, you will see this page:
To link your Dell Android tablet, locate the Dropbox app from the app drawer and sign in to your Dropbox account.
If you're unable to redeem your promotional space from your eligible device, please verify the following:
- Did you complete at least 5 out of 7 steps from the Get Started guide? Please note that you have to complete these steps within 90 days of linking your Dropbox account to your Dell device.
- Did you sign in to the Dropbox app with another Dropbox account? You may only redeem the promotion with the first Dropbox account you used to sign in to Dropbox on the eligible device. The promotion may not be transferred between accounts. If you do not have access to the email address that was first used to log in to Dropbox on your device, you will not be able to redeem the promotion.
You can verify when your bonus space expires by going to your account page and clicking View space earned.
When your promotional deal expires, your Dropbox space limit will automatically return to what it was without the promotional space. For example, if you have a Basic account, your limit will return to 2 GB (and any space you've earned through referrals or other bonuses).
If you're over your limit after expiration, you'll no longer be able to save new photos, videos, and docs to Dropbox. You'll be able to get more space by upgrading to Dropbox Plus.
Looking for Dell-specific support? Please visit Dell’s Support Center.
Terms of the Dropbox one year promotion for Dell devices