Promotion-eligible Sony devices make it easier than ever to get started using Dropbox! Use Dropbox on your Sony device to access and share your most important docs, photos, and videos.
If you are a new Dropbox user, and you’ve purchased a new Sony phone or tablet in select countries any time in or after Fall 2014, you may be eligible for an additional 23 GB of Dropbox space for 6 months. This is in addition to the 2 GB of space included in basic Dropbox accounts, for a total of 25 GB in quota space.
The 23 GB of promotional space is valid for 6 months. The promotion must be redeemed within 90 days of signing up for Dropbox on your device.
The following devices are eligible for the promotion, when all other conditions are met:
- Sony Xperia Z3
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Sony Xperia E3
- Sony Experia M4 Aqua (E2303 and E2333)
Your device may be eligible if the following requirements are met:
- The Dropbox app is pre-loaded on your device.
- Your carrier is participating in the promotion.
No. Only new Dropbox users who sign up for Dropbox on their eligible Sony devices can redeem the promotion.
No. Each Dropbox account can only redeem the same type of promotion once. For example, you can’t redeem the Sony 25 GB for 6 months promotional deal more than once.
No, the promotional space is not transferable once it has been redeemed.
No. The promotional space is only available to the original buyer of the new, eligible device.
There are a variety of reasons you may not be eligible to redeem promotional space:
- You are not a new Dropbox user. If you had a Dropbox account prior to purchasing your Sony device, you are not eligible to redeem the promotion.
- You have already redeemed a promotion on a Sony device. You are only eligible to redeem the same type of promotional deal once. For instance, you cannot redeem the Sony promotion more than once, even if you buy multiple eligible Sony devices.
- The Dropbox app was not pre-loaded on your device.
- You bought your device pre-owned or refurbished, and the previous owner redeemed the promotional deal associated with the device. Each device can only grant a promotion once.
- Your device may not be eligible for the promotion due to some country and retailer exclusions.
If Dropbox was pre-loaded, the Dropbox app already came installed on your device without the need to download it from the Google Play store. On most Sony devices, the pre-loaded Dropbox app can be found by swiping twice to the right from your device’s home screen.
If your device is eligible, you must complete the following steps to redeem your space:
- Sign up for a Dropbox account through the Dropbox application on your eligible device.
- Complete at least 5 steps of our Get Started guide within 90 days of creating your account.
The promotion must be redeemed within 90 days of signing up for Dropbox on your eligible device. You must sign up for a Dropbox account on your device and complete at least five of the Get Started steps within 90 days of creating your account
If you are unable to redeem your promotional space from your eligible device, please verify the following:
- Did you complete at least 5 out of the 7 Get Started steps? Please note that you have to complete these steps within 90 days of signing up for Dropbox on your device.
- Did you already have a Dropbox account? Only new Dropbox users who sign up for Dropbox on their eligible devices can redeem the promotion.
- Have you redeemed another Sony promotion? Each user is only eligible to redeem the same type of promotional deal once. For example, you can’t redeem the Sony 25 GB for 6 months promotional deal more than once.
- Was your device refurbished or pre-owned? The promotional space is only available to the original buyer of the new, eligible device.
You can verify your promotional space by going to your account page and clicking View all space earned.
You can verify when your bonus space expires by going to your account page and clicking View all space earned.
When your promotional deal expires, your Dropbox space limit will automatically return to what it was without the promotional space. For example, if you have a Basic account, your limit will return to 2 GB plus any space you've earned through referrals or other bonuses.
If you're over your limit after expiration, you'll no longer be able to save new photos, videos, and docs to Dropbox. You'll be able to get more space by upgrading to Dropbox Pro.
Terms of the Dropbox 6 month promotion for Sony devices