Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is the home for your most important stuff—now we're bringing it to life with a growing family of products. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world.
Our Tech Operations team crafts the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, tech operations is responsible for strengthening our foundation.
With the Datacenter Engineering, you will be responsible for designing, building and optimizing the physical datacenters that Dropbox’s core infrastructure resides in. The Datacenter Engineering team lives inside of a tactical physical infrastructure organization with interleaving dependencies. As a result, the Datacenter Engineering team is a highly-interdisciplinary group informed by core building science, but heavily influenced by a thorough understanding interconnectivity, hardware, and operations at Dropbox.
- Work with Capacity and Forecasting teams on physical resource consumption
- Perform engineering calculations, basis of design and drawing packages for new datacenter projects
- Scope, bid, and contract the implementation of new facilities
- Manage, QA/QC, and run project controls for ongoing projects
- Conceive, model and implement facility optimization projects within the serving environments
- Evaluate and test emerging technologies in datacenter building, controls and monitoring
- A BS or BSE degree in a relevant engineering field
- 3–5 years of experience in datacenter design, construction, and optimization
- Thorough theoretical and practical education of applied mechanical, electrical, and structured cabling systems in datacenters
- AutoCAD / Revit drawing production required and 3D Modeling experience preferred
- Understanding of server architecture highlighted with power delivery and heat rejection systems
- Preferences towards CFD and power systems modeling
- Basic exposure to datacenter economics, accounting and cost modeling
- Experience with Linux systems and programming, CLI, and shells is a plus
- Implementation knowledge of facility and server telemetry systems, sensoring, protocols, and data collection (ie: polling, aggregation, display, alarm, archive) is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).