Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be a quality champion. You will empower your partner Engineering team at Dropbox to maintain a high level of quality in our products with a large amount of scope and impact within your role. Our approach to Quality Assurance Engineering involves a small, highly talented and leveraged team that focuses on manual testing, end to end testing, test strategy, and process improvements, while working in an embedded manner with cross-functional engineering and product teams.
- You will ensure that Dropbox software is high-quality by building product test strategies, writing and executing test plans, and communicating with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Educate Engineering and Product on testing and QA; partner with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
- Partner with engineering to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience in Quality Assurance
- Expert in manual testing across multiple platforms and testing techniques
- Demonstrated technical expertise, such as via programming experience or academic coursework in Computer Science
- Dedication to quality and process improvement with a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
- Strong QA project leadership experience
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).