Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Cluster Operations is a small team that sits within Dropbox’s larger Production Infrastructure organization. Cluster Operations Engineers are very operationally focused, aiming to build tools and workflows that improve safety and efficiency in monitoring, operating, and expanding Dropbox’s Physical Infrastructure. Members of the Cluster Operations team have helped to deploy our current server racks within the Dropbox Datacenter and around the world in our POP locations. As a Cluster Operations Engineer, you will be building internal tools and working directly with partner teams in order to improve processes and further automate operational tasks. This team works across the full stack, building both backend services and user-friendly command line tools and web interfaces. Cluster Ops Engineers provide our internal users with tools to facilitate operational excellence in managing Dropbox’s Datacenters and the assets that reside within them. To learn more about some of the exciting projects that run atop our in-house Physical Infrastructure please check out the Dropbox Tech Blog
- You will build tools that help our partner teams manage and track assets and inventory that we have deployed in our Datacenter and POP locations worldwide
- You will create workflows and tools for commissioning and decommissioning servers and datacenter network equipment
- You will build upon our automated server repair system that checks, validates and then re-deploys servers after they have been taken offline for a physical repair
- You will help evolve our Datacenter monitoring tools which includes collection, visualization, and alerting on sensor data that is collected from servers and other Datacenter devices
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years of experience with building infrastructure software or software that interacts with bare-metal server or networking equipment using Python or Golang
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience with monitoring tools or experience with collection, visualization and alerting on sensor data
- Direct experience working in a Datacenter or working on software that manages a large cloud infrastructure is beneficial but not required
- Experience with modern web development is beneficial but not required
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).