Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
New graduates and interns at Dropbox work alongside industry leaders, architecting the growing family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world. From day one, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale.
Dropbox has a bunch of projects in the pipeline, and we have an ongoing cycle of revamping our entire experience across web, client, and mobile. There are countless UX challenges and tons of pixels for you to push. We’re in a unique position to change the way people interact with their digital stuff. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts and be directly responsible for decisions that form the product. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build magical experiences. As a Product Design Intern, you’ll work with the a cross functional team through product development process to test out your ideas at all levels of fidelity, and learn what details matter at each stage of a sprint cycle. Dropbox's San Francisco office is filled with all the tools you need, and we're looking for you to join an awesome and delightful team.
- Embed directly in one of our product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers, writers, researchers, product managers, and engineers
- Employ a systematic process for finding and resolving hidden complexities and edge cases
- Produce work that encompasses the distinctive look and feel of Dropbox’s products
- Think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with engineers to build them.
- Participate in team/company initiatives, design critiques, and collaboration sessions
- Speak and present compellingly about design to stakeholders
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Design (graduating in/after Dec 2019)
- Have at least one project that demonstrates your product design capabilities
- Ability to design across platforms (mobile, web, desktop, etc)
- Demonstrate design systems thinking and ability make rational design decisions
- Understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical
- Understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- Bonus points for motion, iconography, UX system flows, modern UI visuals, prototyping skills, front end web development
- Polishing and refining your work is important to you, you obsess over details to ensure everything is pixel-perfect
- Whatever your tools of choice, you wield them with deft and speed
- A portfolio of work submitted with your application, whether it’s product (UX, UI, or both) mobile, web, in-app or elsewhere
- Qualified candidates will also be asked to submit a take-home exercise as part of our interview process
- Please provide us with a personal email address rather than a school email address so that Dropbox can communicate effectively with you
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).