Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Security teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
As Dropbox’s Senior EMEA Product & Privacy Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities and will have the opportunity to help counsel our product teams and privacy program. We're looking for someone to work closely with our product, compliance, and infrastructure teams to ensure Dropbox continues to be an industry leader in protecting user data and implementing privacy by design. You will have immediate impact with your substantive knowledge, analytic rigor, sophisticated judgment, effective interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done. If you love a challenging, team-focused and fast environment, then this is the place for you.
- Counsel on user privacy and data protections issues in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Advise on cross-functional company projects related to data protection and privacy by design
- Assist teams with privacy initiatives outside the U.S.
- Review new products and features for launch readiness
- Draft and review internal policies designed to ensure best-in-class privacy practices
- Play a key role in crafting, implementing and refining our privacy program
- Be an advocate for data protection and privacy at Dropbox and assist with other activities such as knowledge development and training
- Over 6 years post qualification experience of counseling or litigating product or data privacy issues
- You've got deep expertise in, and real passion for, technology
- You are broadly knowledgeable in EU data protection, information security, copyright, software licensing, consumer protection, content regulation, and free expression issues
- Advanced expertise in one of the the above areas
- You have experience interfacing with EU regulators and responding to investigations
- Understanding of the EU legislative and policy-making process
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills adaptable to different audiences
- You have sound business judgment
- You've nurtured phenomenal interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and adapt in a dynamic environment
- BA/BSc/LLB degree and are a qualified lawyer
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).