Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
The Dropbox Design team is looking for a hybrid Product Design Manager to lead a small and growing multi-disciplined team in creating products that are simple, opinionated, and well-crafted. You’ll join our growing team of design leaders and help craft not just our products, but our people and the way we design and build. On a typical day, you’ll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through challenges, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering, and interview applicants to join our team.
Product Design Managers at Dropbox help our teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. We guide teams through complex problem spaces on their journey to get to simple. We love growing our teams as much as we love building products, and spend a lot of time mentoring designers and finding new talent to join our ranks. At the end of the day, we are the front line in delivering happy design teams and wonderful user experiences.
- Will be in a hybrid capacity to start and managing IC tasks and lead-level tasks
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision
- Lead the design process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work” for our users
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products
- Manage and coach Product Designers and Product Design Managers
- Grow the design team by attracting and hiring new talent
- Someone with strong IC skills, with at least 1 year of managing people but who is looking to grow into management.
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Experience attracting and hiring design talent
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).