Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Research & Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
Your Role & Impact
We’re all learning and growing together. You’ll be joining a maturing Design Operations team that is helping to build the conditions that improve the productivity and health of our Design org, and develop strategic programs that accelerate the collective impact of Design. In this role, you will balance strategic planning with execution, and partner with design leadership to drive initiatives that promote career growth. You will play a primary role in crafting a delightful and expansive learning experience, defining and evolving our Design team’s onboarding and learning and development programming, helping us attract and retain top talent to our team, and promoting team engagement. You’ll work closely with other program managers cross functional partners, and leaders that are building solutions to improve organizational and operational health.
- Regularly engage with design leadership to understand talent landscape and skill gaps
- Apply qualitative and quantitative methods to understand team’s learning needs and desires
- Build, gain buy in, socialize learning program strategy, quarterly OKRs, and roadmaps
- Own and drive creation and development of new learning programs, leveraging cross-functional content and/or facilitation experts
- Lead end to end program management processes for your area - including program scope, achievements, success metrics, resources, risk mitigation, program documentation
- Track effectiveness of programs and share lessons learned to ensure our investment is paying off (demonstrated through employee engagement scores etc.)
- Gather feedback to ensure we are consistently up-leveling the quality of programming (e.g., through surveys or other methods)
- Source, onboard, and lead third party vendors as needed to support program goals, and handle spend to budget
- Ensure program visibility to design leadership including status updates and quarterly reviews
- Engage Design team members to be active participants in learning & development programs
- Work with strategic partners in corporate HR and L&D functions to leverage and/or snap into company wide learning work-streams where appropriate for Design
- Craft program operating cadences including calendar and communications
- Maintain central repository for all learning assets
- Act as an ambassador for Design Operations and Design at Dropbox.
- 5+ years experience as a project manager, program manager or producer working with Design teams including designers, researchers, and writers
- Proven success creating and implementing onboarding, learning and training programs - experience building not just managing related programs
- Methodical approach to requirements gathering, project planning, stakeholder management, and change management
- High emotional intelligence with a soft spot for supporting and anticipating the needs of creative teams
- Relevant understanding of design craft and skill areas and proven ability to build impactful relationships across a Design org
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills amongst stakeholders of various roles and levels
- Clear, compelling presentation and communication style
- Extraordinary operational, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Thoughtful and pragmatic decision-making - you know how and when to loop in the right stakeholders and help surface/remove roadblocks when needed
- Strong attention to detail - you take a ‘big picture’ approach while still sweating the details
- Experience onboarding and managing 3rd party vendors
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Bonus points for classroom/workshop teaching experience
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).