Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 500 million users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers’ journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
As part of the Dropbox Customer Experience team, you’ll be a knowledge authority on all issues related to Dropbox products. This role will consist of system operations, DevOps responsibilities, debugging, advanced trouble shooting and developing policies and methodologies to resolve Our most technical problems. You will resolve queries from all tiers of support and will be customer facing via phone and live chat.
You will be responsible for training Advanced and White Glove support teams, collaborating Product operations, Development and Engineering teams, and maintaining knowledge base of Our most complex support issues.
- Solve the most complex tickets, escalated from our Frontline and Advanced Support teams
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for Dropbox products and embedded partner applications
- Work closely with our largest customers to solve the most challenging support interactions
- Reproduce customer issues, perform initial codebase triage and file software defects with Engineering
- Manage to key performance metrics defined within Global Support
- Respond to high priority customer issues from our Escalation Managers
- Create and maintain internal knowledge libraries and contribute to the creation of user-facing content
- Participate in an on-call rotation to assist customers outside of normal working hours
- You have experience working in a DevOps, technical support or related role
- Knowledge of and experience using one or more of the following languages - Python, Go, C++ or Java
- You are deeply passionate about customer experience and making life simpler with technology
- You have superb communication skills and can work with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You possess an in-depth knowledge of and experience with operating systems, linux, basic scripting, APIs, NoSQL, Nginx, MySQL and other open source technologies- Microsoft Windows, macOS
- Comfortable with application performance monitoring tooling, and can identify bottlenecks in systems and applications
- You understand how to analyze server and client application logs and identify the root cause of errors
- Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- You love doing independent research and can read basic code
- You have an ability to balance user requirements while understanding policies and compliance boundaries
- Confident in a dynamic environment
- 25% Travel Required
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).