Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
IT&S delivers technology strategy and solutions to our Dropbox business partners so they can work confidently, move fast, and scale effortlessly. We are the accelerator to the Dropbox business engine. We think of our team as a future-focused city planner for the Dropbox neighborhoods. We source, build and implement the right technology solution, and fit it into exactly the right place so that everything meets the high bar that Dropboxers expect.
You will help lead Dropbox into its next phase of success by developing and scaling new and existing tools aimed at helping Dropboxers communicate and collaborate more effectively and efficiently. Dropbox is a company with global presence and has employees located all over the world. We support over 500 conference rooms in 10+ globally distributed office locations for over 2000 Dropboxers. We also support approximately 400 internal events and 40 video production projects every year.
- Manage the day-to-day operation and maintenance of large scale audio/video infrastructure and systems globally
- Provide technical coordination, system resource allocation, technician assignments, and general engineering support for company Town Hall meetings, guest speakers, training sessions, and other internal special events
- Coordinate with internal AV engineers and external AV integrators and consultants on new project scope and requirements, as well as regular maintenance cadences and equipment inventory
- Track issue trends to determine if service provider escalation is necessary
- Provide and coordinate emergency break-fix maintenance to core AV infrastructure
- Contribute to the creation and updating of system documentation repository
- Attend cross-functional coordination meetings between event production involved teams
- Collaborate on design and implementation of content distribution and signal flows between San Francisco office and remote sites
- Provide technical mentorship for event production staff and provide hands-on support during high-profile events
- Maintain excellent customer service and professional communications with all Dropboxers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film/TV/Broadcast or similar technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in a broadcast/live event environments, including operation of video switchers and routers, audio consoles, cameras, lighting, and graphics
- Working knowledge of SDI and IP-based broadcast workflows (SMPTE 424M/2022/2110)
- Experience with AES67, Dante, and/or Ravenna audio standards, SMPTE timecode/frame synchronization, broadcast test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of the interconnection of various audio, video, networking and streaming devices used in live video production, video conferencing, streaming, and editing
- Knowledge and experience with LAN/WAN technologies and protocols, such as TCP, UDP, unicast/multicast, and QoS
- Experience working on Windows, Linux, and Mac based systems at the command line level
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across ITS, facilities, events and executive support teams, as well as end-users
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).