Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Legal, Policy, Trust & Privacy teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
Our Legal team is responsible for ensuring safety, security, and setting global policies, and helps keep our users and their stuff safe. We protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and stay in sync with other teams here.
As an Incident Management & Emergency Response Manager at Dropbox, you will join a growing Business Continuity team to design, implement, and coordinate global programs to promote user trust and manage risks to their data on day-to-day emergencies that may impact the reliability of Dropbox products and services. Additionally, this position will work with all Dropbox teams to strengthen existing systems that enable the continuity of our business processes, safety and security of our property as well of our Dropboxers worldwide.
You will help develop programs to manage a diverse range of risks, including incident response, business continuity, and emergency management. If you are passionate about security, privacy, reliability, incident response, business continuity, and emergency management, and are looking for an opportunity to stretch and grow yourself in a dynamic team, and thrive in an environment of uncertainty, then this role is for you.
- Promote and foster a culture of trust within and outside of Dropbox
- Design, implement, and maintain programs to address incident response, business continuity, and emergency management risks, and prepare them for independent assessments against a wide variety of regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Solve large, complex, cross-functional challenges such as incident response procedures
- Play an active part in mitigating, preparing, responding and recovering resolving to business continuity challenges across multiple time zones and jurisdictions.
- Fostering collaborative engagement through mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery on a wide range of evolving Business Continuity and Emergency Response programs across international offices, time zones and partner stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience building or maintaining programs to manage incident response and/or business continuity.
- Familiarity with a broad range of technical concepts relevant to cloud computing environments: logical access , agile development process, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy.
- Basic knowledge of SQL or other query/programming languages.
- Familiarity with and exposure to Business Continuity Programs & Emergency Management, preferably within the Tech Sector.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Great people skills and ability to work well in fast paced team environment with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills - strong attention to detail
- Passion to aim higher and develop new skills
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).