Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
The Manager of Corporate Development will partner closely across engineering, product management, and business operations to identify strategic growth areas and develop M&A priorities for the company. This role is expected to contribute to all aspects of the corporate development process: market research, sourcing, due diligence, deal negotiation and post-deal integration execution.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end execution of a variety of multi-faceted deal types (ex. Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Investments, Asset Purchases, Acqui-Hires).
- You will lead cross-functional teams in due diligence, financial analysis, and negotiation with acquisition target.
- You will run build/buy/partner analyses for teams across the organization.
- You will track market developments and form relationships with acquisition targets in strategic areas.
- You will cultivate key relationships with key constituents in the broader ecosystem (i.e. venture investors, angel investors, investment bankers, other strategics).
- You will conduct comprehensive industry landscape analysis to identify trends and acquisition targets; present findings to senior management.
- You will process, value and negotiate acquisition opportunities in partnership with engineering/product/design leadership.
- You will ensure a successful acquisition integration by developing detailed, cross-functional integration plans and regular check-ins with leadership of acquired teams.
- 3+ years of experience in corporate development at a tech company, a leading investment bank, private equity or consulting firm.
- A deep understanding of the SaaS business models, market and industry trends affecting the collaboration and productivity sector.
- Excellent qualitative & quantitative analytical skills with financial modeling expertise required for valuation and market sizing.
- Ability to develop trusted relationships externally and internally. Be scrappy and an effective cross-functional collaborator.
- Ability to build consensus in a working group and successfully coordinate and manage persons outside of your direct sphere of influence.
- A self-starter who has worked in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, and sometimes ambiguous environment with multiple partners.
- You have strong presentation and communication skills and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).