Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
We need an enthusiastic Tax Manager/Sr. Manager to join our team! You will manage our indirect tax functions and support the tax reporting, compliance and tax accounting processes. You'll be joining a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly growing multinational enterprise. We are looking for a hands-on, analytical manager with strong technical and communication skills.
- Primary responsibility for managing multiple 3rd party service providers and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual business taxes and indirect (VAT and SUT) tax returns in multiple jurisdictions
- Manage monthly reconciliations for key accounts for SOX control purposes
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business units and the direct tax function
- Manage tax implementations in new jurisdictions
- Actively monitor and analyze federal, state and local and international tax legislation that may impact our operations
- Review tax account reconciliations and flux analyses
- Prepare/review financial statement disclosures related to business and transaction taxes
- Manage indirect tax audits and assessments
- Drive process efficiencies in indirect tax processes, including leveraging Alteryx/automation
- Assist with ASC 740 tax provision and tax accounting processes
- Manage special projects, including input and advice on day-to-day tax matters
- You have 6-12+ years of combined corporate tax and public accounting experience
- You're able to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities
- You have a strong understanding of indirect taxes and ASC 740
- You're resourceful and have remarkable analytical and problem-solving abilities
- You sweat the details and can drive projects to completion
- You‘re able to engage and collaborate with other teams across Finance and beyond
- You can communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax personnel
- Tech sector experience preferred; SAAS environment a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud is a big plus
- Intermediate+ level experience with Excel
B.S. degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; CPA strongly preferred
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).