Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
At Dropbox, we aim to put the customer at the center of everything we do. With over 500 million users, the Customer Experience (CX) team is at the forefront of simplifying how our users and customers interact with Dropbox. We focus on solutions that work for our customers as well as implementing technologies that will simplify our customers’ journey. We bring the customer voice across the organization to ensure Dropbox delivers the best possible customer experience.
As Director, Head of Support Engineering at Dropbox, you will have the opportunity to lead our next stage of development and deliver a world-class support experience to our customers and users. As part of the Dropbox Customer Experience organization, you will report directly into our Global Head of CX Support, and will be the owner of the Support Engineering function and support experience for Dropbox’s product SKUs. You will build the organization for the future while leading all aspects of its day-to-day operations with accountability for delivering against its respective SLAs and KPMs.
The Customer Experience Engineering team inside Dropbox is tasked with delighting our customers through an entirely new support experience with our product. Our team has the opportunity to directly engage with customers to understand their needs both from a product and overall support experience. We strive to build a series of tools and product experiences that demonstrate all the available knowledge of product availability and customer insight.
- Build out, lead, and inspire your team to deliver an extraordinary user and customer support experience
- Design and develop a strategy, success metrics, and execution plan to launch the CX Support Engineering team
- Work closely with Product Engineering on bug fixes
- Determine priorities for the team and balance with Customer and company requirements
- Deliver key customer and market insights, export insights, and find innovative ways to drive impact across the global Customer Experience team
- Set direction for our support strategy by building cross functional relationships with EPD, Security, Sales, and external vendors
- Analyze data insights across transactional customer satisfaction, QA performance, NPS detractors and support escalations
- Demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills, when working with global virtual cross functional internal and external partners
- Manage a team of Support Engineers that focus on very technical product support tickets such as debugging, API and application integrations
- 4+ years as a Senior Manager or 1+ year as a Director
- A track record of developing complex operations and global projects with cross-functional partners including Engineering, Product and Security
- You are a tenured leader in DevOps, Software Development, or Application integrations with a strong background leading high-performing, cross-functional teams to deliver an excellent Customer Experience
- Experience building/defining requirements for AI/Machine Learning technologies
- You enjoy crafting creative solutions to drive positive results in customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical and project management skills, with experience building and implementing strategies for a Global Support Engineering function
- A deep understanding of the emerging customer support landscape, outsourcing models, and self-service
- Up to 25% travel required (domestic and international)
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).