Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
Our recruiting team is responsible for finding our most valuable asset: our people. A key element of Dropbox’s success has been assembling an incredibly talented team across every function of the company. As we look to build upon our foundation for scale and continued growth, we are looking for a Director of Executive Recruiting to join our team.
Reporting to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition, you will manage a team responsible for Director, VP and C-level hiring at Dropbox, partner with our executives across the organization, set and own hiring targets, and help us creatively evolve how we attract, hire and build an unforgettable experience for every candidate. The role will be responsible for the execution of a best in-class executive search process and advising the business on executive level assessment and decision-making capabilities, while leading a dedicated and passionate team of recruiters. You will be measured on team results, how you set direction for the function, and how you build our culture by living our values while attracting and retaining talent.
- Drive a global executive recruiting strategy across EPD (Engineering, Product, and Design), and GBO/G&A (Global Business Organization/General & Administrative) functions
- Be a trusted talent advisor and provide consultative support to executives across the company on all aspects of executive level recruitment to consistently upgrade teams and leadership capability with every hire
- Assess and elevate the global executive recruiting function and team
- Partner with other HR teams to include Total Rewards, HRBP, People Analytics and Talent Management to help attract and close candidates
- Ensure that diversity and inclusion is the foundation of each search undertaken
- Build and implement operational practices that deliver strong results across all recruitment related metrics including time-to-fill, quality of hire and cost per hire
- Lead others with empathy, courage and candor - helping them grow while holding them accountable to excellent results
- Minimum of 12 years of recruiting experience with at least 3+ years of executive search (Director+) and 3+ years of management experience
- Exceptional leadership and people-management skills that will motivate and develop a high-performing talent acquisition team
- Experience partnering with and influencing C-level executives and VPs to solve hiring needs
- Experience sourcing and recruiting executive level candidates through a broad range of contemporary sourcing channels
- Extensive experience with leadership assessment tools and methodologies
- Ability to use data and analytics to influence and inform executive decision-making; and the ability to take a thoughtful data-driven approach to addressing challenges
- Strong project management skills with an organized approach to prioritizing, planning, and reprioritizing projects for self and direct reports
- Highly articulate and influential; able to crisply and credibly present, and affect change at all levels of the organization
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).