Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
The Corporate FP&A team is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to support our global G&A function. In this role, you will partner closely with leaders of the People, Legal, Finance, and CEO teams to ensure cross-functional alignment on some of Dropbox’s most critical and visible initiatives. Your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by Senior Management to make strategic company decisions. The ideal candidate is an out-of-the box, critical thinker who is focused on the details while finding creative ways to address big picture challenges.
- Manage a team of two analysts. Provide career development and coaching for your team, demonstrate how to effectively support senior business partners, and identify opportunities which enable the analysts to excel in their roles.
- Oversee all aspects of the budgeting, forecasting, and monthly reporting processes for the core G&A segment; ensure accuracy and predictability of financial results and key metrics.
- Directly partner with the Finance and Legal team leaders to manage their operational budgets, model business scenarios, and cultivate strong working relationships to drive transparency and accuracy for their teams.
- Coordinate with Dropbox’s global Tax team to ensure alignment on key financial models and metrics. Proactively manage and troubleshoot tax variances, translating complex tax drivers into actionable recommendations for Dropbox’s operational teams.
- Oversee forecast models and assumptions for all People-related expenses, including localized salaries & related taxes, discretionary bonuses, equity grants, and global employee benefits. Partner closely with leaders across the People team to align assumptions in these forecasts and strategically grow our benefits at scale.
- Collaborate with the Financial Systems team to enhance our planning tools to drive efficiency and decision-making speed for the FP&A team and our business partners. Help deliver systems improvements to support the forecasting, metric reporting, and planning processes at Dropbox.
- Manage ad-hoc analyses and special projects as requested by our CFO and Finance Leadership team.
- Bring a collaborative, hands-on approach to your work, developing open communications and productive work relationships across the organization.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an FP&A function, preferably at a public company
- Proven experience supporting VP-level and C-suite business partners, with ability to guide and influence business partners when necessary
- Past experience as a people manager, with desire to coach and mentor a growing team
- Ability to identify trends and formulate strategies through research and analysis of various data sets
- Exceptional business judgment; capable of driving results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- Advanced user of financial planning tools, preferably Smartview
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).