Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
As the Global Lead of Deal Strategy Desk, you will be a powerful advocate that helps our Americas Sales & Channel team drive revenue and enable contract velocity with deal structure guidance. You will be comfortable leading a global team, building on the existing strong and successful culture, and ensuring high performance through active talent management and training. You will build relationships and communicate easily with senior sales leadership to ensure good operational discipline across the business. You and your team will work closely with Sales and other stakeholders to critically and proactively identify processes and approaches that need improvement, and synthesize information from multiple sources to drive the same to completion. This position requires a humble, driven, and resourceful team player who can lead and evangelize, but also roll up their sleeves and get the job done when needed.
- Act as a player/coach for the Deal Strategy Desk & Order Management teams of 11 high performing individuals, reporting to 2 managers.
- Own, track, and report on deal lifecycle from opportunity to close, and lead a team of highly motivated individuals to ensure adherence to established quote to contract processes and policies for our sales team.
- Craft competitive, healthy deal strategies that optimize the sales cycle and lead to an increased win rate.
- Coach the Deal Strategy Desk team towards refining and improving existing processes wherever possible to increase contract velocity and efficiency.
- Develop an in depth understanding of our licensing models, and support the team in their role as partners to internal teams to ensure deal compliance (Finance & Accounting, Legal, Product, etc.).
- Represent the team in deal review discussions & forecast calls and make suggestions on how to proceed with complex deal structures, whenever needed.
- Deliver on-demand and regular updates to sales management for deals in the deal review process.
- Review and define long term strategy for the Deal Strategy Desk team
- Manage day to day escalations that may arise through teams and work with the regional managers to present both short term and long-term solutions to resolve the root cause of these issues to the business
- 8+ years of experience in a deal desk or related sales operations functions.
- An in-depth understanding of sales processes, and prior experience with navigating and progressing complex sales processes and deals with input from multiple cross functional partners.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Self-motivated, innovative with the ability to lead both external (partners) and internal stakeholders by influence
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Willing to deal with dynamic learning environment
- Ability to act with limited oversight on day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- and the ability to navigate and progress complex sales cycles
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Prior experience with CRM and CPQ/PQA tools
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).