Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
Are you someone who loves digging into data, building models, and telling a compelling people story to various audiences? Look no further, the People Analytics team at Dropbox has made significant investments in our data warehouse, technology infrastructure, and data management capabilities. Now we’re looking for someone to own the data science vertical within our team. This role will help us harness the power of data to better forecast hiring trends, to build dashboards that measure recruiting effectiveness/efficiency, and to present findings/insight to executives. You bring the ability to balance multiple priorities, deep analytical rigor, and excellent interpersonal skills that can be tailored to cross-functional audiences at every level.
- You are a leading authority on recruiting and HR data, methodology, and analysis, and will help us set the vision for data science on our people analytics team
- Understand People-related challenges, collect data and consult with stakeholders to define solutions, tell a story through data visualizations, and present recommendations
- Partner with internal data warehouse teams to bridge the gap between advanced people analytics projects and data currently available in our data warehouse
- Work closely with our team of dashboard developers to help maintain, iterate, and improve our existing dashboards based on user feedback
- Communicate statistical analyses and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Build analytics capability in the organization through data literacy trainings focused on root cause analysis, interpreting people data, storytelling with data, and action planning
- MA/MS in a research or data science field (Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Marketing Research, Computer Science, Social Sciences (e.g., Anthropology, Sociology)
- 4+ years of data analytics in HR, Marketing, or Sales or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience working with technical and non-technical stakeholders to define the scope of analytics initiatives, translate data to insights, and present findings verbally and in writing
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
- Low ego attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level critical thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Knowledge in HR processes
- 3+ years of experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using SQL, R, and/or Python
- 3+ years of experience in dashboard development and data visualizations, using tools such as Tableau
- 2+ years of experience in AWS/Redshift or other enterprise data warehouses (e.g., Snowflake)
- Experience in statistical modeling tools (e.g., SAS, SPSS)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).