Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Recruiting & People team grows and develops the Dropbox family. We find, hire, and support the people who will shape our product and our company. We believe people do their best work when they’re happy, so we work to make Dropbox a place where everyone can thrive.
The Talent Management team at Dropbox is responsible for career management, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, and workforce planning. We’re looking for an extraordinary strategic program manager to lead and drive key talent management initiatives. Initial projects could include revamping our career frameworks and developing a career pathing program, building tools for talent reviews and succession planning, and contributing to our workforce planning strategy.
This role is ideal for a seasoned project manager with experience in talent management/organizational development or management consulting, and a desire to grow as a talent management leader. This role has an exciting opportunity to contribute to the talent management strategy and help shape and define the roadmap for the coming years. You will partner with the Global Head of Talent Management, Talent Management team, HR Business Partners (HRBPs), other HR Partners, and business stakeholders to drive the below:
- Development and design: Apply talent management expertise to the development and design of new talent management programs and processes at Dropbox; contribute to longer-term strategic planning and talent management roadmap.
- Project management: Lead talent management projects and initiatives from planning to delivery. Includes developing project plans, collaborating with HR Business Partners and other People teams, leading multiple stakeholders, and identifying project risks and crafting mitigation plans.
- Change management: Act as a change agent and effectively utilize change management methodologies when deploying solutions and processes. Develop resources for business leaders, managers, employees, and HR Partners (Business Partners and Compensation). Partner with Communications lead to develop engaging and high impact communications. Partner with L&D team to develop training for managers and employees.
- Stakeholder management: Build strong relationships with cross-functional partners across the People (HR) team and leaders across Dropbox.
- Vendor management: Partner with HR Technology & Operations team to handle vendor relationships for talent management systems (e.g., performance management).
- Program evaluation: Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to determine programs’ effectiveness. Develop recommendations for continuous improvement.
- You have 8+ years of experience in talent management or organizational development at a global, dynamic company and/or a leading management consulting firm. Ideally, you have expertise in at least one talent management discipline (competency modeling, career pathing, performance management, talent reviews, succession planning, workforce planning)
- You have extraordinary project management skills and demonstrated experience leading complex, global programs and processes
- You are a strategic and critical thinker with the ability to take a consultative and data-driven analytical approach to solving complex problems
- You thrive in a dynamic, hyper-growth environment; you are comfortable navigating ambiguity and adapting to shifting priorities while still driving impactful results
- You are a collaborator who builds deep relationships and effectively partners cross-functionally with global stakeholders at all levels
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong executive presence; you are skilled in packaging and presenting complex analysis and recommendations clearly
- You have strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- University degree (BA/BS) required; advanced degree is a plus
- Certifications in administering talent assessments and tools is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).