Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Sales & Channel team shares Dropbox Business with enterprises around the world and helps them understand the power Dropbox offers to teams at scale. We’re a collaborative and empathetic sales team, focused on understanding what businesses need to work better together.
As the Sales business continues to grow, it becomes more and more meaningful and necessary to focus on the adoption and deployment of customers. We are seeking a Customer Success lead for our Americas region to round out our regional teams in EMEA and APJ.
The AMER Head of Customer Success is responsible for successful deployment of Dropbox services after contract closure. The team leader will ultimately be accountable for adoption and implementation across all of our Outbound customers over 100 seats. The Customer Success Head will be closely aligned to the activation team and renewals team and work towards a successful renewal of each team with them. Measurement will be tied to active usage within teams, which is a direct correlation to adoption and renewal.
Within the team there are two distinct approaches to deployment and adoption:
- Strategic - High touch: For our largest customers, there is a dedicated team of Customer Success Managers and Technical Architects driving success within a set of named accounts.
- Scale - Medium and low touch: For all other customers, Dropbox utilizes a combination of state-of-the-art digital capabilities and medium and low touch motions to help customers embrace and implement Dropbox tools.
- For mid-size customers (100 to 1000 seats) apply Scale approaches, like on-line customer education, remote support or use of an outsourced team to support customers with deployment and adoption. These approaches need detailed designing and on-going development.
- For large customers (above 1000 seats) apply high touch, customer intimate approaches. This entails tailor made, detailed deployment plans and C-level customer engagement.
- Direct the team's day-to day including meetings, resource planning, target setting, projects and cross-functional collaboration.
- Partner with the AMER Sales leadership to define and implement a clear strategy and best practices for the Customer Success organization.
- In collaboration with AMER Sales leaders, Finance, and Sales Strategy, set goals and KPIs for Americas region, mapping both to global Renewals and Outbound framework and regional priorities; track progress, and drive achievement. Execute a consistent and predictable playbook.
- Drive the success through recruiting, hiring training, mentoring, coaching, and running the successful performance of our Scaled & Strategic Success teams fostering a “customer first” culture.
- Manage team pipeline to forecast active user growth, escalate churn or down-sell risks to renewals team in order to develop resolution strategies.
- Build strong external client/customer and internal partner relationships (product, engineering, analytics and sales); serve as an ultimate problem- solver for key customer issues and opportunities.
- Build cross-functional relationships and processes with product, engineering, analytics and sales to drive initiatives and also sharing user insights and product to craft awesome experiences.
- Represent America Customer Success organization in key cross functional meetings with Marketing, Finance, Sales Strategy etc.
- 10+ years experience delivering world-class experiences in customer-facing organizations, experience in running Customer Success teams and SaaS experience preferred
- Demonstrated customer centricity and empathy towards the needs of customers. Real passion for happy customers, and extensive experience with customer deployments, renewals, and churn.
- Proven experience in interacting with C-level and senior levels in customers’ organizations
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Consistent track record selecting, growing, promoting and retaining high caliber teams across growth or customer-facing functions
- Enthusiastic, positive and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Education: University degree preferred
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).