Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
We’re looking for a Sales Strategy team member who will create the analytics & go to market strategy to drive Dropbox’s next phase of growth in outbound and channel sales. You will design & support sales processes, report on and analyze revenue, and work on continuous process re-engineering and problem solving. This job isn’t just about performing analytics - it’s also about communicating insights to the business and leadership, and shaping the data you’ll be working with in future.
You will also take up a broad spectrum of special projects working with a wide variety of stakeholders to make strategic decisions such as market prioritization, product and infrastructure investment, sales territories, and compensation plans. Your job will include in-depth quantitative analysis of key Dropbox metrics with particular focus on problem solving and creation of scaled systems and processes. You will also be responsible for leading operational and planning processes in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and have exceptional analytical skills. You will be great at build relationships and communicating effectively with executives, and influence decisions.
- Work on high priority initiatives including (but not limited to) strategic planning, territory optimization, sales incentive design, process optimization, forecast modeling
- Work closely with other team members and the business to further develop metrics, KPIs, and insight that provides performance improvement
- Partner closely with senior leadership in EMEA to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales effectiveness
- Partner with sales teams on business planning, strategy and process improvement for their respective sales areas
- Partner with systems teams to ensure our data and tools scale with the teams
- Relentlessly search for ways to scale your efforts through automation and dashboarding
- Experience in sales, sales strategy, sales operations or management consultancy.
- Prior experience in a B2B software (ideally SaaS) or a high-growth technology firm
- Strong analytical skills - primarily Excel/Google Sheets & SQL - with experience of analysing data and communicating insights to business leaders
- Excellent at planning and project management – organised, proactive with a proven ability to lead complex initiatives
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision will be key
- Strong desire to take initiative; you thrive on change and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Happy to shift from strategic thinking to rolling up your sleeves and supporting delivery
- Experience leading global projects in a B2B sales and marketing environment a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, and developing analysis based on CRM data also a plus
You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detail-oriented, but capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You do not shy away from rolling up your sleeves, slicing and dicing massive sets of information, and creating solutions to problems that have not been tackled yet.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).