Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
We are building world-class Channel processes at Dropbox and are looking for an Operations Analyst with superior analysis and problem solving skills to join the Channel Operations team in Dropbox’s Business Strategy & Operations organization.
The role is primarily responsible for ensuring that our internal systems are scaled, and processes optimized and efficient, to support bookings through the partner cloud marketplaces. You will work with various cross functional teams necessary to enable operational rigor focused on increasing sales efficiencies and productivity. In this position, you will play a critical role in supporting the Channel Sales organization by being the subject matter expert for our operational processes and driving best practices globally. This is role that requires someone who is a self starter with bias toward action, strong analysis and exceptional communication skills.
Automated Purchasing Platform Operations (via partner Marketplaces)
Channel drives sales via partner marketplaces, powered by the Dropbox Reseller API. This role will own the success of the operations of this platform via:
- Provide Deal Strategy and primary support of core operations associated with the API-enabled reselling platform. Core operations includes responding to escalations, performing administrative fixes using tooling, performing reporting/monitoring, and consulting on improvements to the overall operations program
- Engage with internal sales teams and channel partners to resolve queries and open issues related to Dropbox ordering processes
- Manage distribution lists and other communication artifacts to ensure that operations teams are able to coordinate expediently and efficiently
- Minimize friction within our sales process by providing guidance around complex scenarios that sales teams encounter during the course of a deal cycle
- Provide subject matter expertise both internally and externally on the mechanics of our Reseller API environment, and be able to interact with those APIs for operational activities.
Process Enablement & Improvements
- Assist in development of ordering guides & reference materials around new Salesforce and operational processes
- Participate in process improvements and initiatives in overall operational processes by providing analysis, recommending and implementing specific improvements to processes based on requirements collected from different internal and external partners
- Participate in and provide collateral for training and both internal and external CMP stakeholders
- Surface and support CMP technical enhancements (new SKU’s, enabling special pricing, etc.)
- Co-ordinate and work in liaison with globally spread out team members and other functions like Deal Desk, Legal, CX, Engineering etc.
- Bachelors degree with 2 years experience in Revenue Operations, Sales Operation or Order Management a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Gsheets and experience in managing large data sets and reporting business insights at a regular cadence.
- Competence with information management/CRM tools - Salesforce or similar information management applications.
- Demonstrated experience in a role involving ‘critical thinking’: i.e. ability to analyze issues, work independently in a fast pace environment, make decisions and problem solve.
- Strong social and self-awareness skills – Ability to complete tasks and assignments with a positive, professional and friendly approach.
- Experience in a role demonstrating excellent time management, able to analyze workload and prioritize time based on changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills a must have.
- Exposure to contract negotiation/deal structuring is a plus
- Knowledge of operational quote to cash business processes is a plus.
- SQL experience a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).