Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Finance team builds the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, as well as with external partners.
The Revenue Accountant will support our revenue accounting operations for Dropbox Business including deal review, supporting the monthly close process, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and internal controls, and collaborating with partners in Sales and Business Operations to help drive process improvements. The Revenue Accountant will report to the Revenue Manager. This role is the first hire on this team in Austin and will include light travel primarily between Austin and San Francisco.
- Work directly with Sales leadership and Deal Desk functions to review customer contracts for compliance with ASC 606
- Build positive relationships with global Sales organization, Revenue Accounting team and senior management in order to effectively resolve issues and manage customer escalations
- Identify areas of improvement for the customer experience and drive solutions for these areas
- Work closely with the AR team in Dublin to help manage billing processes and other invoice related queries
- Key contributor in the monthly and quarterly financial close, ensuring accurate and timely results are delivered to management
- Prepare ASC 606-related analyses.
- Assist in the design and scaling of revenue accounting processes, including revenue recognition and deferred revenue related to Dropbox products
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and assist in refining revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements
- Assist with and manage various ad hoc projects as needed
- 2-4+ years experience in revenue accounting with a Big 4 accounting firm or a top-tier tech company; CPA a plus
- Experience in applying revenue accounting guidance (ASC 606) for SaaS companies a plus
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with Dropbox
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution-focused, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).