Dropbox is the world’s first smart workspace that helps people and teams focus on the work that matters. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has 12 offices around the world.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
Dropbox has grown tremendously across all dimensions - the richness of our products, scale of the business, the numbers of customers we serve, the size of our engineering organization, the completeness of our products and how we bring them to market. We have been the leader in an era of cloud-based end-user file synchronization and sharing, and have leveraged that position to lead a shift in the industry toward file-based collaboration. Our position and market presence opens up new doors for Dropbox to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox Paper is an early example of Dropbox exploring new products and bringing value to consumers by innovating new ways of working.
As Senior Director of Product Management for Dropbox Paper, you will be responsible for setting direction and driving growth of Dropbox’s most exciting collaboration application. You will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company, as well as direct responsibility for the ultimate success of Paper across a growing Dropbox customer base of 100s of millions of users and millions of businesses as well as our future customers. You will do this together with an amazing team of passionate product managers and leaders from across functions in engineering, design, design research, sales, product marketing and product analytics. As a leader, you will lead and inspire a team of ~8 product managers with the expectation of building the team as the business flourishes.
In this role, you will work closely with all of Dropbox — working together to bring users into Dropbox and help them accelerate team collaboration, wherever they are, and from any device. In pursuing this mission, your team will determine how to position and build Paper for success - to activate and retain new users and their organizations.
Join us in building Dropbox’s next big thing!
- Collaborate closely with market research and product marketing to identify and hone on Paper’s target customer and addressable market. Further, collaborate closely with design research, and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs.
- Lead the cross-functional teams in your area, in close partnership with engineering, design, design research, sales, product marketing and product analytics – to determine business and product strategy - including pricing and packaging and GTM.
- Advance Paper’s strategy in accelerating team collaboration, spearheading key initiatives across the content lifecyle, driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Partner closely with Marketing and PR to share the impact of the team’s work with the world
- Lead the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team that embodies Dropbox’s values, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
- Help advance the career path and goals of your staff, conducting regular 1-on-1s and giving feedback.
- Provide product leadership and mentorship to both your team members and your peers.
- Go to Market. You have experience taking a cloud-native SaaS application and/or service to market, with exposure to the entire customer acquisition funnel from identifying potential acquisition channels to conversion to lifecycle management & retention.
- Independent Product Ownership. You have demonstrated the ability to drive and deliver on the entire product lifecycle. This can include either head of product / CEO experience at a startup translating early market adoption of a new product in broad distribution, or product leadership at a larger company focused on growth & user acquisition for a new SaaS-based product.
- Leadership. You have a proven ability to evangelize new products and features to both customers and cross-functional team members, aligning the entire team around a product strategy and vision for the market. You are skilled and passionate about managing and developing teams, both individual contributor PMs as well as earlier career managers.
- Execution. You have experience driving cross-functional product execution in a large organization, as well as experience operating in a lean environment with a focus on results-driven execution.
- Product craft: You have helped teams build great products that users love.
- Role model. The ideal head of product management for Paper will be a strong fit with Dropbox culture and values.
- Education and Experience. We are looking for candidates with a BA/BS and at least 15 years of relevant working experience, including 3 years of people management experience.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).