Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
**Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Legal, Policy, and Risk & Compliance teams help keep users and their stuff safe, protect Dropbox, counsel Dropboxers on challenging problems, and are always synced with the Dropbox teams they work with. We deal with novel issues every day while standing up for users and helping the company and product grow.
As Senior Corporate Counsel, you’ll have a broad range of responsibilities counseling the company on issues of securities law, corporate governance, and M&A, with the opportunity to grow and evolve depending on your interests and the business’s needs. We’re looking for candidates with a growth mindset and professional drive, with the ability to quarterback important projects and have company-level impact while working on a variety of corporate legal matters. You’ll have a meaningful role on a small-but-mighty corporate legal team and the opportunity to develop professionally in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Provide legal oversight for SEC reporting and securities compliance matters, including in connection with the preparation of periodic reports, proxy statements, Section 16 reports and registration statements
- Support corporate governance matters, including meetings of our Board and its committees, and our stockholders
- Drive ESG governance and reporting initiatives
- Assist with financing and strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions
- Support cross-functional company projects related to global subsidiary maintenance, compliance, equity plan operations and treasury
- Stay current on corporate governance trends and best practices and SEC and Nasdaq developments, including research or benchmarking projects
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues across functions, including Finance, Accounting, Investor Relations, Tax, EquityOps, HR, Communications, and Corporate Development to manage corporate transactions and initiatives
- Effectively manage outside counsel
- 5-9 years corporate law experience in a relevant setting (a combination of law firm and prior in-house experience preferred)
- Highly collaborative, intellectually curious, and a great sense of humor
- Comfortable navigating complicated and nuanced issues
- Detail-oriented with excellent legal judgment, strong organizational skills and proven ability to deliver creative, thoughtful, and business-oriented results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to connect with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels, including our executive team
- JD, admitted to the Bar, distinctive academic record
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)