Dropbox supports hundreds of millions of creators and innovators around the world. Our mission is to simplify the way people work together. Dropbox Business is trusted by over 200,000 companies to safeguard their most important information. As we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there’s a perfect spot for you to grow with us.
Our Research and Design team crafts delightful experiences that make people's lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
The Dropbox Design team is looking for Product Design Managers to lead multi-disciplined teams in creating products that are simple, opinionated, and well-crafted. You’ll join our growing team of design leaders and help shape not just our products, but our people and the way we design and build. On a typical day, you’ll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through challenges, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering, and interview candidates to join our team.
Product Design Managers at Dropbox help our teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. We guide teams through complex problem spaces on their journey to get to simple. We love growing our teams as much as we love building products, and spend a lot of time mentoring designers and finding new talent to join our ranks. At the end of the day, we are the front line in delivering happy design teams and wonderful user experiences.
- Shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision
- Lead the design process for your team—from problem definition to design implementation
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intuitive, and “just work” for our users
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products
- Manage and coach Product Designers and Product Design Managers
- Grow the design team by attracting and hiring new talent
- At least a year of professional experience leading or managing a design team
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Experience attracting and hiring design talent
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).